Cherry Cream Cheese Tarts


Ingredients:

2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
12 vanilla wafers 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling or other pie filling

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of muffin pan. Beat cream cheese with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Lay a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool completely. Serve with cherry filling on top, or pie filling of your choice.

1 comment:

Brigg and Dianne said...

Thanks for posting these, Saundra! I'll post some soon. I need to give a shout out where it's due, I first saw this recipe on Food Network, on the show Paula's Home Cooking. It's one of the best recipes I've ever found.